We need to raise around £25,000 each year to support those who cannot easily travel locally or need a friendly face visiting every now and then.
Looking for ideas where you might be able to help? Open or Close
- Hold a coffee morning or cake sale to raise funds; ask a few friends to get involved.
- Ask your organisation to give a few hundred pounds as a contribution to a local service that benefits their employees and pensioners. Recently four organisations together gave £3,500. A strong benefit if their employees’ older relatives can access transport easily as it could mean less time off work.
- Persuade your organisation to hold a sponsored event. Recently the Hampshire Court Hotel in Chineham held a Rowathon and raised £230 from their Leisure Club members.
- Encourage local companies to adopt NeighbourCare as charity of the year. Hampshire Clinic chose us as their charity of the year to celebrate their 30th anniversary. An employee nominated NeighbourCare. After a vote they organised a number of fundraising events including a quiz with fish and chip supper; a Bake-Off judged by our patron, Lady Portsmouth; a tombola at an It’s a Knock Out competition and a Celebration Dinner.
- We apply regularly to trusts to see if they might support us financially and over the last three years we have been successful in raising part of the regular funds needed. If you have any particular connections that might help us, please contact our office in confidence: Contact Us
- We have a dedicated Trustee who is available to discuss any of your ideas. Please phone the office on 01256 423855 or Contact Us
Ways to donate Open or Close
- It's really easy to make a donation online with Local Giving. Donate On-line here.
- Make a single donation that can, if you are a tax payer, be Gift Aided. £12 would provide funds for two trips to GP, hospital or social club. With Gift Aid this would provide three trips. Click on ‘Contact Us’.
- Make a regular donation through a standing order. This is very useful as it gives us confidence financially. £5 per month would give ten trips each year. Click on ‘Contact Us’ and request a Standing Order Form.
- Make a legacy gift to NeighbourCare.
Like many charities Basingstoke NeighbourCare has benefited from a few legacies over the years and people have told us they intend to leave a legacy gift to NeighbourCare.
After providing for close family and faithful friends, a small legacy gift would go towards making sure our accompanied driving and befriending service can endure for many years. So that we can continue to be at the end of a phone, ready to take a request for transport to hospital, GP clinic or social and exercise clubs, or to provide a volunteer befriender.
If you already have an up to date Will then adding a Codicil is a simple and low cost way of providing a sum of money. If your Will needs updating then this may be an opportunity to leave a gift to NeighbourCare. When contacting your solicitor all they need is our registered charity number and address.
Registered Charity Number:1154382
White Hart Lane
If you would like to talk over how your legacy gift will ensure our charity has a long future, please ask to speak to a NeighbourCare Trustee by phoning our office and a Trustee will call you back.
- Donations In Memoriam. Families of clients already support us with donations and we have had In Memoriam gifts
- Do you shop on-line? Sign up with ‘Give as you Live’ by accessing their website: www.everyclick.com; click on GET INVOLVED (blue button), then SIGN UP NOW (green button), then CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT and select Basingstoke NeighbourCare as your chosen charity. Every time you make a purchase many companies will donate a percentage of your purchase to our charity at no cost to you.
Please help us to help our clients! Open or Close
- Many older people like to be independent. Often their family are busy at work or looking after their children and are not available to take their older relatives to GP appointments or hospital or social clubs. Basingstoke NeighbourCare can assist.
- Some older people have no family who are close by. Basingstoke NeighbourCare provides a lifeline.
- We are all aware through national surveys that there are many people who are lonely and rarely see anyone for several days at a time. Basingstoke NeighbourCare is there to provide a befriending service so that our clients see a friendly face to talk over their concerns.
- We need your help so that Basingstoke NeighbourCare’s services will be there in the future when you or your family might need them.
De La Rue
This was my 3rd time running Basingstoke half marathon but this year felt special - running with De La Rue work friends in support of Basingstoke Neighbourcare.
The Champion Group
We are delighted that The Champion Group of companies chose Basingstoke NeighbourCare as their charity of the year 2020. At their Golf Day Fundraising Event Champion Group their employees welcomed 72 friends and industry colleagues to Sandford Springs. Thanks to the generosity of all our players they raised over £1,300 from the raffle alone which was fantastic making a total of £5,055 from the golf day.” Kevin from Champion decided on a sponsored head-shave and raised an amazing total of £1,529! Grand total amount raised was £7,259. Thank you, Champion Group.
Grateful acknowledgements to funders
- De La Rue
- Hampshire Court Hotel
- Sun Life Canada
- Sir Jules Thorn Charitable Trust
- Robert McAlpine Foundation
- The Grocers' Charity
- Woodroffe Benton Foundation
- The Childwick Trust
- Comic Relief
- Dischma Charitable Trust
- Kathleen Laurence Trust
- Basingstoke & Deane Borough Council
- Hampshire County Council
- Hampshire County Councillors
- The Henry Smith Charity
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Community Foundation
- J Sainsbury
- The Hampshire Clinic
- Old Basing Infant School
- Surface Technology International Limited
- Allen Lane Foundation
- Arnold Clark Community Fund
We would also like to thank many individuals who have given both time and donations towards our cause. This includes many of our volunteers who have waived expenses reimbursement and we have been able to claim Gift Aid on their donation and this makes a very valuable contribution.
Asda at Brighton Hill chose Basingstoke NeighbourCare as one of the charities supported by their 2019 'green token' initiative. Linda Butcher, the Community Champion at Asda Basingstoke presented Peter Jones of Basingstoke NeighbourCare with a cheque for £200. Thank you to ASDA and all who voted for us. https://storelocator.asda.com/store/basingstoke