We need to raise around £25,000 each year to support those who cannot easily travel locally or need a friendly face visiting every now and then.
Looking for ideas where you might be able to help? Open or Close
- Hold a coffee morning or cake sale to raise funds; ask a few friends to get involved.
- Ask your organisation to give a few hundred pounds as a contribution to a local service that benefits their employees and pensioners. Recently four organisations together gave £3,500. A strong benefit if their employees’ older relatives can access transport easily as it could mean less time off work.
- Persuade your organisation to hold a sponsored event. Recently the Hampshire Court Hotel in Chineham held a Rowathon and raised £230 from their Leisure Club members.
- Lobby your company directors to adopt NeighbourCare as charity of the year. BMI Hampshire Clinic chose us as their charity of the year to celebrate their 30th anniversary. An employee nominated NeighbourCare. After a vote they organised a number of fundraising events including a quiz with fish and chip supper; a Bake-Off judged by our patron, Lady Portsmouth; a tombola at an It’s a Knock Out competition and a Celebration Dinner.
- We apply regularly to trusts to see if they might support us financially and over the last three years we have been successful in raising part of the regular funds needed. If you have any particular connections that might help us, please contact our office in confidence: Contact Us
- We have a dedicated Trustee who is available to discuss any of your ideas. Please phone the office on 01256 423855 or Contact Us
Ways to donate Open or Close
- Donate On-line.
- Make a single donation that can, if you are a tax payer, be Gift Aided. £12 would provide funds for two trips to GP, hospital or social club. With Gift Aid this would provide three trips. Click on ‘Contact Us’.
- Make a regular donation through a standing order. This is very useful as it gives us confidence financially. £5 per month would give ten trips each year. Click on ‘Contact Us’ and request a Standing Order Form.
- Make a legacy gift to NeighbourCare.
Like many charities Basingstoke NeighbourCare has benefited from a few legacies over the years and people have told us they intend to leave a legacy gift to NeighbourCare.
After providing for close family and faithful friends, a small legacy gift would go towards making sure our accompanied driving and befriending service can endure for many years. So that we can continue to be at the end of a phone, ready to take a request for transport to hospital, GP clinic or social and exercise clubs, or to provide a volunteer befriender.
If you already have an up to date Will then adding a Codicil is a simple and low cost way of providing a sum of money. If your Will needs updating then this may be an opportunity to leave a gift to NeighbourCare. When contacting your solicitor all they need is our registered charity number and address.
Registered Charity Number:1154382
White Hart Lane
If you would like to talk over how your legacy gift will ensure our charity has a long future, please ask to speak to a NeighbourCare Trustee by phoning our office and a Trustee will call you back.
- Donations In Memoriam. Families of clients already support us with donations and we have had In Memoriam gifts
- Do you shop on-line? Sign up with ‘Give as you Live’ by accessing their website: www.everyclick.com; click on GET INVOLVED (blue button), then SIGN UP NOW (green button), then CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT and select Basingstoke NeighbourCare as your chosen charity. Every time you make a purchase many companies will donate a percentage of your purchase to our charity at no cost to you.
Please help us to help our clients! Open or Close
- Many older people like to be independent. Often their family are busy at work or looking after their children and are not available to take their older relatives to GP appointments or hospital or social clubs. Basingstoke NeighbourCare can assist.
- Some older people have no family who are close by. Basingstoke NeighbourCare provides a lifeline.
- We are all aware through national surveys that there are many people who are lonely and rarely see anyone for several days at a time. Basingstoke NeighbourCare is there to provide a befriending service so that our clients see a friendly face to talk over their concerns.
- We need your help so that Basingstoke NeighbourCare’s services will be there in the future when you or your family might need them.
BASINGSTOKE TOWN WOMEN FC
In February 2021, the squad will be taking part in their FebAWAYry Challenge where they will aim to complete a total of 362 miles (run) + 4 miles (swim) to raise money for Basingstoke NeighbourCare!
The mileage is the total of all their away game destinations (hence the 4 mile swim to the Isle of Wight!). Runners will submit their mileage at the end of each week in the hope to reach their goal at the end of the month!
Good luck and a big thank you from Basingstoke NeighbourCare.
Make sure you follow their social media pages for updates on how the squad is getting on!
Facebook: Basingstoke Town Women's FCTwitter: @btfc_women
If you would like to help them reach their target please follow ths link:
The Champion Group
We are delighted to announce that The Champion Group of companies has chosen Basingstoke NeighbourCare as their charity of the year 2020.
The Champion Group is a local family run company based in Daneshill. Their team of more than 350 qualified operatives offer a range of building services including brickwork, scaffolding and property development.
Golf Day Event: Champion Group and their employees have been busy fundraising for us. In October they welcomed 72 friends and industry colleagues to Sandford Springs annual charity golf day. The weather was kind to them and they enjoyed one of the local area’s best courses in sunny conditions.
Andy from Champion tells us “Lots of pre-planning went into making sure that we could host such an event whilst maintaining adherence to all current guidelines. Thanks to the generosity of all our players we raised over £1,300 from the raffle which is fantastic.
We are delighted that the total to go towards our annual fundraising for Basingstoke NeighbourCare was £5,055.”
Head Shaving! Kevin from Champion decided on a sponsored head-shave in aid of us. “It’s been 23 years since I last shaved my head. With lockdown and shielding looking like it may continue for some time, loneliness and isolation is soaring for many and NeighbourCare's befriending service is a key support service to these people”. Kevin has exceeded his £500 target and has raised an amazing total of £1,529!
Dressdown, Rugby Six Nations Sweepstake and Charity Bakeoff: These additional regular fund raising activities have raised £675.
The total amount raised is £7,259.
We look forward to a presentation later in the year when restrictions allow.
Thank you Champion.
Grateful acknowledgements to funders
- The Postcode Community Trust
- The Mayor’s Charity Appeal 2018/19
- Hampshire Court Hotel
- Sun Life Canada
- Alchemy Foundation
- Sir Jules Thorn Charitable Trust
- White Hart, Basingstoke
- Robert McAlpine Foundation
- Hobson Charity
- The Grocers' Charity
- Woodroffe Benton Foundation
- The Childwick Trust
- Knights of St Columba
- National Citizen Service
- Comic Relief
- Dischma Charitable Trust
- Kathleen Laurence Trust
- Slaters Menswear
- Basingstoke & Deane Borough Council
- Hampshire County Council
- Hampshire County Councillors
- The Henry Smith Charity
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Community Foundation
- The Sobell Foundation
- J Sainsbury
- BMI The Hampshire Clinic
- Old Basing Infant School
- Surface Technology International Limited
- John Lewis
- Allen Lane Foundation
We would also like to thank many individuals who have given both time and donations towards our cause. This includes many of our volunteers who have waived expenses reimbursement and we have been able to claim Gift Aid on their donation and this makes a very valuable contribution.
Postcode Community Trust
Postcode Community Trust is a grant-giving charity funded entirely by players of People’s Postcode Lottery.
We are very grateful to be receiving a grant from the Postcode Community Trust. Our project received £10,000 from the Trust to help support our Accompanied Personal Car Transport Service for elderly and frail people, in need, living in Basingstoke,Tadley and Sherfield.
For more information on how to apply to the Postcode Community Trust site please visit their website :www.postcodecommunitytrust.org.uk
For information on how to play and support more charities please visit the website www.postcodelottery.co.uk
National Citizen Service - Young Fundraisers
For their two-week charity project in 2017, a group of National Citizens Scheme 16-17 year old students from the Basingstoke area decided for themselves to raise money for us. They came into the Orchard to find out what we did and they said “The reason we chose to support Basingstoke NeighbourCare is because we are passionate about the elderly and feel they should feel involved and cared for.”
In their action-packed week, they put on a sponsored Triathlon at Hampshire Court Hotel, a Quiz Night at Spotlight in Popley and a Coffee Morning at Cliddesden Church Hall attended by the Mayor, Paul Frankum. While at the coffee morning Jane Frankum, Mayoress enjoyed a nail painting session by one of the group. The students worked as a team to select their events, book the venues, obtain prizes, attract an audience and manage the event.
They raised £1,439 pounds, including a Vodafone matching of £350. A magnificent effort and we are also grateful to their families for supporting them at the events.
Maria Miller said “NCS gave young people a fantastic opportunity to deliver a project to benefit their community” when meeting the students.
Asda at Brighton Hill chose Basingstoke NeighbourCare as one of the charities supported by their 2019 'green token' initiative. Linda Butcher, the Community Champion at Asda Basingstoke presented Peter Jones of Basingstoke NeighbourCare with a cheque for £200. Thank you to ASDA and all who voted for us. https://storelocator.asda.com/store/basingstoke
Recent Report & Accounts